Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
It is important to read the below information at least one day before your scheduled surgery. Please call us at Oral & Facial Surgery Center, LTD. Phone Number 815-877-0694 is you have any questions!
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up to the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Please do not wear contacts or jewelry.
- Do not wear contact lenses, lipstick, excessive makeup, nail polish or fake nails on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take prescription oral medications, please check with Dr. Jensen or Dr. Hawkins prior to your surgical date for instructions.