First Visit at Oral & Facial Surgery Center
Accepting New Patients in Rockford, IL
Your initial appointment may be a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, surgery can be performed the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
What to Bring to Your First Appointment
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your surgical referral slip and any x-rays if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
Important Reminders Before Surgery
- All patients under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit.
- Please have nothing to eat or drink six hours prior to your surgery. You will also need an adult to drive you home.
- Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, bone density medications, etc.)
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our office.
Fill out our Appointment Form below or call us at Oral & Facial Surgery Center, LTD. Phone Number 815-877-0694 for more information about your first visit or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Jensen or Dr. Hawkins today!